I’d like to talk to someone about renouncing my U.S citizenship
Renounce US Citizenship
Renouncing US citizenship is becoming a bittersweet reality for many Americans living abroad. Of course it’s a very serious matter and must be carefully considered. The process once complete, is irreversible. Travel to the US may require a Visa, or whatever is typically required by a person from the country that you’re also a citizen of.
Prerequisites for renouncing citizenship:
1. Your latest 5 years of federal tax returns, prepared and filed.
2. $2,350 USD ready to pay the US Embassy.
You’ll need the following documents:
1. Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (such as your most recent U.S. passport or U.S. birth certificate, if you are not in possession of your U.S. passport)
2. U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad, if applicable
3. Bio-pages of all current foreign passports
4. Certificates of Naturalization for any country, including the United States, if applicable
5. Certificates of Citizenship for any country, including the United States, if applicable
6. Evidence of any name changes, if applicable (for instance marriage or divorce certificates, court orders or deed polls)
- Once you have the above in order, you can schedule your appointment at your local US embassy.
- Most Embassies allow you to book online or over the phone.
- You’ll need Form DS 4079 which we provide within our Renunciation Packages, completed and checked.
- You’ll need to pay the embassy $2,350 USD or equivalent in your currency, and most embassies accept card payments.
- Renunciation will become official on reciting the Oath of Renunciation and you will be issued a Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the United States.
IRS Streamlined – I Haven’t Filed US Tax Returns For 10 Years…
How to get started without the required 5 years of tax returns:
- Complete the Streamlined Amnesty program with us. Click on the “START NOW | Pay Later” button above and complete the tax questionnaire.
- Once complete we’ll prepare another two tax returns for you. Typically, we’ll prepare one tax return for the year prior to the Streamlined Amnesty program, and one after.
- Once the 5 years of returns have been processed by the IRS, we’ll complete forms DS 4079 and Tax Form 8854.
- You can now schedule your meeting at your local US embassy.
- Attend the meeting with your $2,350, the ID documents noted above and the forms we give you.
- Wait for your Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the United States
State Department – Renunciation of U.S. Nationality Abroad
American Embassies in the United Kingdom are in London, Edinburgh and Belfast
American Embassy in France
American Embassy in Germany
American Embassy in Australia